How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Zithromax (azithromycin) and tachycardia?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Has anyone had any problems from zithromax?
I took it for a few days and for 3 days now i feel tachy and really crappy, i feel my pulse in my throat., my chest feels funny and my pulse is pounding.
I havent felt this way in a long time. anyone else?
Posted on 03/06/11, 01:27 pm
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Atrial Fibrillation (AFib). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/06/11  5:13pm
" I just Googled it and it says that if you have a heart arrythmia you may need a "dose adjustment or special tests" to take zithromax. Interesting. I have taken zithromax in the past without a problem, but it sounds like there could be a connection with your symptoms. Hope you feel better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/06/11  6:40pm
" Not sure why you need Zithromax, but my doctor has mentioned that if you are ill, you are more prone to have some afib. Not sure if it's the fatigue, or the imbalance in the electrolytes, or the medications effect on your potassium or sodium... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/07/11  2:41pm
" Oddly enough I was prescribed Zithromax a few weeks back for a suspected sinus infection. I emailed my family doctor who has been keenly aware of all of my arrythmia issues, and suggested she look at my current medical cocktail of enalapril maleate, metoprolol succinate, and Tikosyn before suggesting an antiboitic. I read the entire patient notification pages and did a double-take when I read the contraindications for arrythmia, but assumed that she was not concerned. With a double dose the first day I had chest pain that could have been related to crunches at the gym, but did not go away as fast. After two additional days of a single dose as presribed, the pain did not subside, so I quit taking it. The crunches now continue every other day, but the pain does not. I am not sure what happened, but my confidence in this doctor is diminishing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/21/11  12:52am
" I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Zithromax) http://pharmonlinerx.com/?wm=11492... I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/21/11  9:16am
" I have a question about A Fib. I was diag. March 2010 with A Fib and under went a heart ablation on my right side on April 2010. After the first ablation I ended up having 1000 extra heart beats. Well my medicine quit working and I had to under go the heart ablation again but on my left side. I just dont understand why I am always tired. I am never wanting to do anything anymore.. I have two young kids and it is killing me not being able to do things I use to do.. After this last ablation I had done the doc told my fam that stress was what was causing my heart problems and that I had a enlarged heart on top of A Fib and A Flutter. How do you work when you are tired all the time? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/25/11  1:53pm
" I had a similar experience in January. I took the Z-pack for a sinus infection and it raised my anxiety level significantly. This was prior to my being diagnosed with A-fib; the anxiety could have been A-fib, which I didn't know anything about at the time. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web