Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Life Expectancy
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am 81 and have been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation. I have been taking warfarin for 1 1/2 years. I would like to know what my rough life expectancy is. If anyone has any info on this it would be great.

Thanks,
John
Posted on 09/30/07, 03:49 am
3 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Atrial Fibrillation (AFib). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/30/07  4:29pm
" the only thing I have heard is if you are aware of the condition and stay on the regimen prescribed by health professionals, a-fib is not life threatening.

My aunt has -fib and her heart rate gets so fast she passes out but because she is aware it has not slowed her or stopped her.

I think the biggest worry about a-fib is worry about a-fib...

as Spock says "live long and prosper" "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/08/07  5:24pm
" My Dad had A-fib for years and lived to be 91!! It did not have anything to do with his death. He controlled it for years with medication! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/16/07  3:17pm
" I was diagnosed with A-Fib ten years ago (age 50). Doctors have had me on several meds over the years, but Rythmol seems to be the best.
I have just learned how to "Live With It", and hope if I do as I am told, I'll be O.K.
To be honest, (and I am not being smart or cute)I am more concerned about being struck down by a car, whos driver is talking on a cell phone, than any of my medical issues!! "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web