More DailyStrength
Health Event Calendar
See what's new on the site
Step-by-step Tutorials
How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
fluid on the knee cap
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have a pocket of fluid on my right knee, Right now it does not hurt and until I have to get on my knees on the job or working on things around the house. I am worried that it may lead to other things. I have had a tkr on the left one already. I can not stand the thought of going back through that for a long time. Does anyone know how to get the fluid down it is right above the knee cap.
Posted on 03/01/08, 11:12 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/02/08  10:35pm
" As far as I know, only way to get the fluid down is to have the Dr. draw the fluid off with a syringe, but you need to know why its there in the first place. Sometimes you can take the fluid off several times and will keep coming back. I think you need to get back to your primary dr. or ortho surgeon for further advice. Maybe just need to be scoped because of some torn cartilidge, and that can be removed. Good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/02/08  11:14pm
" Thank you for your advice I just hope it is not the arthitis that is causing it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/04/08  1:48pm
" This could be cartilage damage or soooo many things.
Knee surgery CAN be done with lazers and such now, which are not as intrusive and certain far less PAINFUL to recover from.
Weight Loss is a Big thing.
The truth is -- as MUCH as I HATE to admit it -- the more weight we haul around, the worse it is on our knees, hips, FEET, and everything else.....

You might want to check with an orthopedic surgeon. The PROBLEM with That, of course, is finding a good one.
Seems like really good doctors are becoming a thing of the past, but your knee swelling is not a good thing, and the longer you let it go, the more difficult it is going to be to 'correct.'
Of course, nothing replaces the original part.
But if the swelling or the pain gets intense enough, you will do something in desperation.


Hate to say this, but it would be better if YOU took charge of your knee rather than it becoming in charge of you.....

Know what I mean?

:( "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/04/08  3:49pm
" Don52 email me at I have some information I can share with you "

Add Your Reply

More From Around the Web