Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Do you use pain gels? Any good?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Do not want to go on meds. I am on enough tablets at the moment.Glucosamine and Chondroitin seem to help some but upset my stomach and I get trapped wind. I have taken them for almost 2 months. Trouble sleeping and very stiff in the morning but as day goes on I feel better with little pain. I take Paracetamol for pain as required and make a rosehips and hibiscus tea with 2 teabags just before bed. Any good recommended pain gels? I am in the United Kingdom.

Back to my GP in 3 weeks.

Take care everyone.
Posted on 11/13/12, 06:05 am
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Arthritis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 01/22/13  10:58am
" I was prescribed with a pain cream last month which is a compound formula mixed by the pharmacy. I don't have a name or even what pain relief medication it contains but it does help better than anything I've tried. It can be used up to 4 times a day. The bottle says: *CDBCL()A CRE{}. The prescription was filled by an out of state pharmacy and mailed to me. It is covered by my insurance. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 01/28/13  9:11pm
" Hi since reading this post I would like to warn you of the danger to your stomach of taking anti-inflammatory drugs. I had some bad pain in my ribs and I was prescribed Naproxen tablets. I only took them for about ten days and they gave me a stomach ulcer. I suffered terribly for about 4 months and lost a lot of weight. I got gallstones and had to have my gallbladder out,proberly due to the weight loss. I suffered GERD and Oesophaghitis after this which was suffering on a large scale,struggling to eat and being sick. I then got gastritis which has just got more painful. Altogether Ive been suffering for over 3 and a half years. Taking those Naproxens was the worse thing that ever happened to me. My mum and my brother have taken them but always have ant acid tablets with them. Anyway Im stuck like this and arthritis runs in the family,Im not sure what I can take for pain now. I would say the gels are proberly safer for the stomach. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 02/09/13  3:09pm
" Hi, I'm new here, but my experience is that if you have pain and think it is from arthritis, go to a good rheumatologist. I went for the first time 6 months ago, after being in pain for about 3 years. He prescribed Voltaren and it has been a godsend. I'm on blood thinners for another condition, and can't take any of the nsaid medications, so I have been free paining it - but the Voltaren, has really helped a lot. The key for me was getting to the correct physician for help. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #14 - 02/10/13  10:17am
" My rheumatologist prescribed Volteran and it worked good for a while. Recently my arthritis pain increased and the Volteran wasn't helping. My doctor prescribed a compound formula cream for arthritis pain. (See my reply #11) If you try other topical gels and creams that stop working, talk to your doctor about a compound formula for pain relief. It doesn't mask the pain completely but certainly helps me to manage it much better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #15 - 02/15/13  4:04pm
" I have used Aspercreme. It has aspirin in it which is considered an NSAID for inflammation in a joint. Sometimes I iced the joint first then put the creme on before going to bed. It worked prettty good for me. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web