Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Chiari and exercise???
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Can it happen? I have Chiari and I used to be very active, athletic, and work out. Now that I've had this head-pain for over 3 years, I haven't been able to do anything. What do you do to exercise? I've been thinking about buying a treadmill but I don't know if that will cause too much pressure. I know I can't run on it (if I breath too heavily the pain increases) but maybe walking??? What do you think? Any advice??

Thanks for your help:-)
~Jen
Posted on 09/03/08, 06:36 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Arnold-Chiari Malformation. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/04/08  1:46pm
" Jen,

Hi, I had my surgery 7 years ago. I still get head aches all the time. The only exercise I have found helpful is walking. I walk a couple miles almost everyday. Outside is the best but I'll do the tread mill if I have to. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/08/08  1:57pm
" wELL I WALK FOR EXERCISE EVERY DAY. IT REALY WORKS BECAUSE I DO IT DAILY I WAS ALSO TOLD BY MY DOCTOR THAT I CAN DO YOGA IT IS GOOD FOR THE BREATHING AND STRATCHING YOUR MUCLES. WELL THE WALKING IS ALL I CAN DO AND I HAVE LOST ABOUT 10 POUNDS SINCE MAY AND HAVE GAINED ALOT MORE MUCLE AND IT HELPS WITH YOUR THE WAY I FEEL AND HAS HELPED WITH THE BODY PAIN I GET ON A DAILY BASIS. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/11/08  11:42pm
" Walking and a stationary bike help me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/06/08  12:15pm
" Yoga is about the only thing I can do. I used to be heavily into ballet but had to quit because of my pain. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/30/08  8:54pm
" I've had surgery for chiari malformation 1 two years ago. when i was younger i also was very athletic.after the surgery i still had most of the problems i had before surgery, just not as bad. But yah i walk on my treadmill and do alot of stretches to help my tense and numb muscles. but too much of any exercises give me huge neck, back and headaches. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web