Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Can anxiety cause confusion?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I just wanted to know. if its normal to feel confised and out of it. I have anxiety and depression . I been suffering from both for years. I recently been feeling out of it.Like very confused. Is that normal? I mean I felt like this once in the past but Now Im really starting to get scared about this thankyou.
Posted on 08/16/08, 02:43 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/16/08  4:54am
" It has for me in high stress, especially with panic attacks. My pdoc said it was normal and would ease with time, meds and cbt. It has gotten a lot better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/16/08  9:45am
" I think so. When I was at my absolute lowest point, I couldn't concentrate on anything except what was bothering me. Looking back on it, it's hard to remember how I got through it and what was going on. I made lists of things I had to do so that I could get through the days. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/16/08  11:25am
" confised like how? any way im sure that anxiety has got nothing to do with it, maybe you just need to stop over thinking!! maybe you think too much that you get confused! remember that little things are little so you have to let them go! if this didn't help you or i miss understood you you can always pm me!

hugs and be well for now! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/16/08  11:41am
" Yes this is normal with high and consistent anxiety.
This happens to me alot when anxiety high, also having deppression causes confusion and poor memory and desision making.
Journalling and breathing exercises may help ease your symptoms. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/16/08  11:47am
" This is very normal. I feel like this often when my anxiety is at an all time high. Hard to put thoughts together, concentrate on even the simple tasks at hand, follow conversations. Oh yes, very familiar with this. At first it freaked me out but then after talking with my Dr and doing some of my own research I found out this is a normal symptom of anxiety. Good luck and remember you are not alone!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/16/08  1:21pm
" I have the same problem, it actually is the cause of some of my panic attacks. I've tried to just accept it and try not to get anxious, but it's hard. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/16/08  3:27pm
" It definitely has for me. When I slow down, and my minds not racing, I'm fine. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/16/08  3:44pm
" I was dealing with the same thing last week, until my Dr put me on medication. But i've only been dealing with bad anxiety for a couple months now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 08/16/08  4:59pm
" I have had episodes in the past where i felt like i was losing my mind..so yes i think its normal. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 08/16/08  9:53pm
" I feel very confussed sometimes when I have to make a decision, even crossing the street. I was afraid something was really wrong with me, but I think it is the anxiety. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web