Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Frozen in Indecision
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have had anxiety for years now, treatment for six years. I have gotten much much better and only sought help when I was literally frozen in fear and could not make any decision. I still struggle with this, does anyone else have this issue? I'm older now and have many regrets about my career choices, but cannot decide on a path that is right for me. I literally cannot make a decision. People keep telling me to just choose something you like...I can't because I like so many things and I am frozen by indecision wrapped in anxiety. I made pro/con lists, researched topics, spoken to people in other fields. This has been a problem for over ten years for me. I am at a point now that I need to be able to make a living, but to do that I need to choose a path...but I am literally frozen with anxiety over it. What to do?
Posted on 09/16/13, 01:00 am
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/16/13  1:10am
" redvelvet, I empathize with your situation...I have been there, too, and the anxious response is a tough inhibitor when It becomes part of the problem with the decision-making. At your core, what are you hard-wired to do? It's important to realize that although you may do well at many career paths, you will only excel at a much more limited range of careers...play to your strengths. I found that my desires and skills were "hiding in plain sight" in front of me, but others tended to pinpoint my true heart on what I wanted to do easily. They could intuit my gifts better than I could. What are your dreams, visions, and goals? Are there any things you enjoy that you could transform into a job? Taking the risk is far less painful than the indecision. I've been through a few different career paths, and it helped to hone me in on what I am really suited for. Feel free to message me if you want to chat a little. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/16/13  1:28am
" Thank you for the input. I'll send you a message. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web