Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Tightness in my chest
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I'm having tightness in my chest and a little bit of trouble breathing. I am trying to convince myself it's stress induced anxiety and not anything worse. I've haven't been to the ER for chest pains in nearly two months so I don't want to break that streak.

My stress is pretty high right now. My house is wrecked. I go back to school in a week and my van has decided to not run. And we are broke. Like super broke. I just need to make it through this month without any major meltdowns and then things should start turning around. I think I might need to take a clonazepam today before this gets worse and I should probably try to work out to try to get the jitters out.

How do others deal with stress when things are just sort of sucking all around?
Posted on 01/06/13, 12:29 pm
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 01/06/13  7:16pm
" I definitely know what you mean. For me, anxiety is always a "if it rains, it pours" situation. Either I'm okay and dealing with everything perfectly fine and there aren't too many added stresses or everything hits me all at once, Murphy's law goes into full effect, and I just want to curl into a fetal position under a blanket for a week. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 01/06/13  10:39pm
" I hate that tight chest feeling and not being able to breathe. I use lavender oil I buy from whole foods and sprinkle it around and in about 10 or 15 minutes I start to feel normal again. This is what I use for anxiety and don't take meds. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 01/06/13  10:44pm
" I very genuinely wish that aromatherapy worked on me. I've been trying since I was about 14 and it's never had enough of an effect to really be useful. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web