Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Chest flutters
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I keep getting chest flutters at night. I have had these before. The last time I had them I ran to the cardiologist (I have MVP) and he ran a bunch of tests on me. ECHO, EKG, Holter Monitor, and some other non heart related tests. All came out fine. I know last time I had them my anxiety level was very high. I also had a cold at the time.
This time..same thing, I have been SUPER anxious and I have a cold. I don't know if the cold relates, but just thought it was a coincidence.
Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else gets these chest flutters.
Like I said, I usually get them more at night. Its like a jump and it takes me breath away for a second. It is scary, but I keep telling myself it is just anxiety.
Posted on 12/14/12, 12:22 am
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/14/12  12:38am
" sounds to me like it's a heart palpitations. It does feel like a flutter in your chest, and anxiety will usually cause some. I used to get them all the time and the more anxious I was the more I would get them. For me my heart rate would go up with the anxiety and it would throw an extra heartbeat in there and that what causes palpitations. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/14/12  1:00am
" Thank you for responding :)
I have heart palps quite often and this is different. It's like here and there. But then again, I know anxiety can manifest itself in A LOT of different ways.
Thanks again for your reply! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/14/12  1:04am
" Oh okay. Maybe even if they are not palpitations still might help? I know meditation helps me a lot when it comes to matters of the heart test. Either way I hope you start feeling better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/14/12  1:40am
" I Have the same thing all the time. I was actually just at the se
er with chest pain(costochondritis) and after getting another normal ekg I asked the Dr what would make my heart fill like its flip flopping and he instantly said anxiety. Now I've never seen this Dr and don't know if he knows any of my history but it made me feel good how he answered it so quickly! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/14/12  1:51am
" Sounds just like PVCs ..premature ventriculr contractions. I have the same thing and for some reason is most noticable when Im lying down
tying to go to sleep. I wore a holter monitor for 2 days and a total of 24 of
them . My crdiologist says anxiety, stress , any stimulant ike caffine or
some drugs can cause them . He says they are harmless and I had a
heart attack 4 1/2 years ago, so I know if there was anything to worry about , they'd be all over it. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web