Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Being unorganized make u anxious?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Doesn't it feel better to be organized? I used to have a place for everything and for everything a place. Now it's a mess. I think the clutter mirrors my mind this past year-messy.

I Need to organize my life
Files
Apartment
An unorganized area or space or clutter makes a cluttered mind-it sure does for me, if I am organized I feel calmer. A sense of accomplishment.

Posted on 07/18/12, 01:39 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/18/12  1:47pm
" Boy do I agree with this. Clutter sure does bog ya down. I know that when I just have a pile of mail or something sitting on the table...it nags at me til it's gone. When the clutter is gone...it frees up space in the mind for better stuff and I always feel so much better about myself and about my home when it gets all cleaned up. Thanks for the reminder..I got a few piles to clean. LOL "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/18/12  3:45pm
" I always kinda thought it was the other way around. Hmm "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/18/12  3:55pm
" OK Erica then lets get organized!
Genie1 you are right, it is anxiety that makes me unorganized then being unorganized makes me anxious. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/18/12  5:42pm
" I can't stand clutter and disorganization, it makes me really truly anxious. I sleep better in a clean and tidy bedroom, true story. Something about physical visual clutter around me makes my brain feel all jumbled up inside. I really can't stand it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/18/12  9:23pm
" Just about everybody I know that deals with anxiety has the same problem! I know I do. I just do the best I can and keep up with everything as good as I can. I'm not going to make Better Homes and Gardens but you won't see me on Hoarders either! lol! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/18/12  9:48pm
" Too funny Garrett (by the way that is my maiden name).
I too hate clutter. My ex is a pack rat and he use to drive me crazy (so did my kids).
My house is tidy and even though my OCD is under control....I can tell it is just below the surface waiting to pounce on me.
My house is tidy.....but not perfect! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/20/12  4:17pm
" Clutter keeps me anxious. I go around feeling negative and sighing alot. I am much better when I am away from home. The clutter around me tells what is going on in my mind. It is a cluttered mess in there too.

I have not been able to keep up for over 2 years now. It brings me down often. Have yet figured out a way to get on top of it. I was organized before I moved over 2 years ago. It got out of control when I was really depressed. The move triggered the depression. When I came out of the depression, I looked around and thought....look at the mess I created.

I feel as I work on the anxiety/depression thru therapy and reading the clutter will improve. We will see. That is that healthy part of my mind talking.

I HATE CLUTTER but it loves me. Darn... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/22/12  11:43pm
" Oh for sure this is me to a T. I used to always feel so organized, had a planner I wrote everything in, a journal to make to do lists, I could name plenty of things I use to do only a short time ago that helped me stay organized and then bam...when anxiety came around in jan. I just felt completely unorganized. I'm trying to get back on track, but every little thing bugs me, "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web