Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Pinched nerve....numbness, tingling
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I know according to my history and MRI that I have had pinched nerves in my neck. I get lightheaded, numbness in my hands, tingling in arms, hands, legs, etc. One dr said that it should only affect my shoulders and nothing else.

My MRI was only last year and nothing else was wrong, i had one of brain and one of neck. Two areas were narrowing. Has anyone else had pinched nerves in neck and it caused tingling in areas of your body and light headedness? It goes from anywhere from head to feet for me. Anxiety plays a part too
Posted on 02/20/12, 01:20 pm
9 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/20/12  2:02pm
" Yes. You need to learn more about fibromyalgia, myofascial pain, and other pains associated with certain areas of the body.
When I started, one pain management doctor said that something else was happening. He was right, it was.
Anxiety is a natural reaction to stress, so understanding how your anxiety works will make it easier to find the origin of the pain.
Best wishes! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/20/12  2:24pm
" im just wondering if anyone has had a pinched nerve and its caused light headedness, and tingling all over? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/20/12  4:18pm
" I don't think tingling all over is related to your neck. Anatomically it just doesn't make sense to me. Certainly it can be anxiety. Same with feeling lightheaded. I used to feel that with my anxiety a lot. Just vaguely dizzy. Not pleasant at all. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/20/12  7:11pm
" Can you get tingling in your legs, calves, feet all the time with anxiety? I mean for days? My hands also fall asleep and go numb in the morning. I thought maybe a lack of blood circulation since i am not active very much, but i dont have the symtoms of leg pain, just the tingling. I wonder if anxiety can do all of this...thoughts???? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/20/12  7:47pm
" Check in with a chiropractor. Perhaps you are out of alignment. I have gotten that when I sleep on one side at night. I don't think anxiety would cause numbness for days, but I'm not a doctor. You could be out of balance nutritionally as well and your body is needing certain nutrients. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/20/12  7:56pm
" Anxiety can cause that as well as a pinched nerve. Wonderful advice on the chiopractor. Good for the whole nervous system!! Muscle tension can cause that too so massage can help and progressive muscle relaxation exercises will too especially before you go to sleep. Do you sleep on your arm or lay your arms above your head? You could look at your sleep habits to sleep if you are putting your hands to sleep by the position you are in. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/20/12  8:03pm
" My doc said to stay away from chiropractor because of risk of stroke. I think all docs say that. The only time i get a numb hand or arm is right as soon as i wake up and then disapears in seconds. The tingling lasts most of the day though. Ive been under lots of anxiety lately. I was worried about Peripheral artery disease, but i dont think so. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/20/12  10:41pm
" i just wish i could get an answer. MRI, nerve conduction, blood tests, heart tests, MRI of neck, etc, etc. Nothing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/21/12  12:59am
" Of course doctors would say stay away from chiros as they don't want to take you away from their business. Chiropractic is a safe natural alternative as you need to make sure they are accredited and licensed etc. You will do what you need to do. If the medical community has done tests and no answers you may need to go the natural route. That is what I have had to do and I am getting results now. Best to you! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web