Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Help!!! I don't feel good
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My stomach and intestines keep hurting on and off. My intestines are off and I keep panicking thinking I am going to throw up. I haven't thrown up since I was 17 which that was only cuz i got deyhydrated. And before that I was 5 years old. I have a huge fear of throwing up and when my intestines are messed up like this i fear it is going to come with throwing up plus my stomch is getting pains which makes the panick worse. I am semi ok when I am not in the bathroom but when I am in the bathroom my panick rises and my throat partially closes and I can't relax. I try breathing in deeply but the panick doesn't go away. When I am feeling like this I fear what will happen next, will I be stuck on the toilet for forever? Will I throw up violently? The thoughts just don't end. I have a huge control issue cuz if I don't know what will happen I panick. So when my insides are like this I am not in control AT ALL.... I can't control anytrhing that is going on with my body. How do I realize that I am not dying and that it is ok to not feel good soemtimes??? Am I alone with feeling like this????
Posted on 04/26/11, 11:07 pm
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/26/11  11:25pm
" I know how you feel for I am also an emtophobic. I feel like this quite often, mainly at night or if I eat too much. You are not alone trust me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/26/11  11:32pm
" It's so annoying. My boyfriend told me that if I throw up it's ok and that it happens sometimes. That was so not what I needed to hear. I told him no cuz that's not going to happen. I need to hear that I am fine not that if you throw up it's ok cuz in my head that means they think I will throw up which makes me panic that I will. And yea night time is bad for me too. All my fears are multiplied by a million at night. If I felt like this during the day I wouldn't feel as panicked. It's annoying cuz my boyfriend has no problem being sick, I mean it's no fun but he doesn't get scared. It makes me jealous, I don't understand how you can not feel good and be relaxed about it. In my mind that makes no sense at all. I hyper-focus on my insides when I start to not feel good which just makes it worse but I feel if I am not focusing it'll make something bad happen like me getting sick. Ugh.... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/27/11  1:41am
" Exactly because if we do throw up we panic anyways, worse. I am the only one in my family and friends that gets panicky when I am sick as well. It sucks because they don't know what it's like and sometimes makes jokes. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/27/11  5:26pm
" I had the stomach flu recently, and that got my anxiety so bad, I've had stomach and intestinal pain ever since :( I know that anxiety makes you have more tummy and intestinal issues. It is hard to relax when you don't feel well! It drives me crazy how other people can just go get under the covers and relax until they feel better, and I can't even relax I'm so anxious about it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/28/11  1:03am
" I am sorry you are having a rough time. I was just watching a show on Discovery Channel the other day about a girl with the same phobia, so it gives me some idea of what you are going through. I hope you are able to find a way over come your fear!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/28/11  9:12am
" Hey lovnthrhd I am just like you I don't get how they can. I can stay up for days sick while everyone else can just fall asleep all day. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web