Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Having problem with walking and running feel funny
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
New member here, thought I would post my problem after finding this site
after I done a search. Problem I am having is with my legs and walking.
The best way I describe it is that it feels like you learned to walk that day.
I don’t feel like I have control over them, I can walk and always make it
were I have to go but I imagine sometimes it looks pretty funny, and running
forget about that I have had to and I sure it was a sight. I have no pain just feels
goofy walking, and if I get up from a sitting position I may stumble, I will run into
wall sometimes, and the walking part, it almost seems worse if I think about it or
if I think someone is watching.
Any input I would appreciate. This has come on in the last year and getting worse
History
Klonopin 1mg 3x a day 5 years (restless legs and anxiety)

Seroquel 50 mg at bedtime( help sleep)

Sober 4 years (alcohol)
Posted on 04/21/09, 02:49 pm
8 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/21/09  3:13pm
" firstly weldone being sober. The only experience i have had with my legs is when i am out walking. I feel like i am walking on sponge. like they dont belong to me. I tend to have to hold onto someones arm to enable be to walk straighter. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/21/09  3:17pm
" This really sounds neurological, not psychological.
I'm not a doctor, so this is just my opinion, not a diagnosis, but whenever you have symptoms that can be neurological, you should always be evaluated.
Have you had a full neurologic workup?
If not, you should certainly start with seeing your primary care physician. Get a full physical as well as blood work. If he can’t find anything, a visit to a neurologist would be a good choice. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/21/09  4:14pm
" Yes i actually agree with Imfclcls it does actually sound like another problem,i just didnt like to say it to you, sorry, you need to see a doctor or someone. Are you not having any other symptons??? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/21/09  5:02pm
" I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE BESIDES ANXIETY AS I DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK YOUR PROFILE ( SORRY) BUT IT COULD BE A LOT TO DO WITH A FIBROMYALGIA SYMPTOM IF YOU HAVE FIBRO. IT MOSTLY SOUNDS LIKE THE MEDICATION THOUGH. WHEN I TAKE MY ATIVAN AND I'M ALREADY TIRED, I FIND MY BALANCE IS NOT VERY GOOD AND I END UP WITH BRUISES THAT I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GOT THERE. IT'S RATHER EMBARRASSING. HAVE YOU TOLD YOUR DOCTOR YET? I WOULD MENTION IT TO HIM OR HER THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE THE DOCTOR. HE SHOULD HAVE THE ANSWER. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/21/09  5:31pm
" Just anxiety, I have bad days like everyone else but just get through them one day at a time, in all life is good, I just hate this thing with the legs, the only other symtom I can think of is that is seems like it is from the knees down, and from my knees down they are not sore but there is alway a faint feeling there if that makes any sense. I seen my psycological doctor Monday, the place that help me 4 years ago, and I tried to explain to her, and she also suggested going to a regular family doctor and get blood work done ect. I thought I would post my problem here becouse I wanted to see if someone else had this problem and it would help the process along, I will make a appointment with my doctor and go from there?
BTW what is fibro? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/21/09  9:45pm
" I have been paying a little more attention to the legs tonight, it is really just from the knees down, they are a little sore/numb feeling. It feels great to massage them, but it just from the knees down, in the shins, feet good?
Thanks for all the advice "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/11/10  7:00pm
" N2cars: Did you ever find out what it was that was causing those symptoms? I am having the same sort of feeling when I walk too, please reply back if you found out what was going on, was it neurological or anxiety?? Please let me know! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/11/10  9:27pm
" Hi, I feel off-balance sometimes when I walk and little bit "floaty" but I do think it is just my anxiety. Of course it is worse when I think about it! Good luck to you! "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web