Having problem with walking and running feel funny
New member here, thought I would post my problem after finding this site
after I done a search. Problem I am having is with my legs and walking.
The best way I describe it is that it feels like you learned to walk that day.
I don’t feel like I have control over them, I can walk and always make it
were I have to go but I imagine sometimes it looks pretty funny, and running
forget about that I have had to and I sure it was a sight. I have no pain just feels
goofy walking, and if I get up from a sitting position I may stumble, I will run into
wall sometimes, and the walking part, it almost seems worse if I think about it or
if I think someone is watching.
Any input I would appreciate. This has come on in the last year and getting worse
History
Klonopin 1mg 3x a day 5 years (restless legs and anxiety)

Seroquel 50 mg at bedtime( help sleep)

Sober 4 years (alcohol)
Posted on 04/21/09, 02:49 pm
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 04/21/09  3:13pm
" firstly weldone being sober. The only experience i have had with my legs is when i am out walking. I feel like i am walking on sponge. like they dont belong to me. I tend to have to hold onto someones arm to enable be to walk straighter. "
Reply #2 - 04/21/09  3:17pm
" This really sounds neurological, not psychological.
I'm not a doctor, so this is just my opinion, not a diagnosis, but whenever you have symptoms that can be neurological, you should always be evaluated.
Have you had a full neurologic workup?
If not, you should certainly start with seeing your primary care physician. Get a full physical as well as blood work. If he can’t find anything, a visit to a neurologist would be a good choice. "
Reply #3 - 04/21/09  4:14pm
" Yes i actually agree with Imfclcls it does actually sound like another problem,i just didnt like to say it to you, sorry, you need to see a doctor or someone. Are you not having any other symptons??? "
Reply #4 - 04/21/09  5:02pm
" I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE BESIDES ANXIETY AS I DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK YOUR PROFILE ( SORRY) BUT IT COULD BE A LOT TO DO WITH A FIBROMYALGIA SYMPTOM IF YOU HAVE FIBRO. IT MOSTLY SOUNDS LIKE THE MEDICATION THOUGH. WHEN I TAKE MY ATIVAN AND I'M ALREADY TIRED, I FIND MY BALANCE IS NOT VERY GOOD AND I END UP WITH BRUISES THAT I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GOT THERE. IT'S RATHER EMBARRASSING. HAVE YOU TOLD YOUR DOCTOR YET? I WOULD MENTION IT TO HIM OR HER THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE THE DOCTOR. HE SHOULD HAVE THE ANSWER. "
Reply #5 - 04/21/09  5:31pm
" Just anxiety, I have bad days like everyone else but just get through them one day at a time, in all life is good, I just hate this thing with the legs, the only other symtom I can think of is that is seems like it is from the knees down, and from my knees down they are not sore but there is alway a faint feeling there if that makes any sense. I seen my psycological doctor Monday, the place that help me 4 years ago, and I tried to explain to her, and she also suggested going to a regular family doctor and get blood work done ect. I thought I would post my problem here becouse I wanted to see if someone else had this problem and it would help the process along, I will make a appointment with my doctor and go from there?
BTW what is fibro? "
Reply #6 - 04/21/09  9:45pm
" I have been paying a little more attention to the legs tonight, it is really just from the knees down, they are a little sore/numb feeling. It feels great to massage them, but it just from the knees down, in the shins, feet good?
Thanks for all the advice "
Reply #7 - 05/11/10  7:00pm
" N2cars: Did you ever find out what it was that was causing those symptoms? I am having the same sort of feeling when I walk too, please reply back if you found out what was going on, was it neurological or anxiety?? Please let me know! "
Reply #8 - 05/11/10  9:27pm
" Hi, I feel off-balance sometimes when I walk and little bit "floaty" but I do think it is just my anxiety. Of course it is worse when I think about it! Good luck to you! "