Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
diazepam 2mg
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi my doctor has prescribed me diazepam 2mg to be taken 3 times daily (if needed) As ive said in many previous posts im very very tablet phobic.....so was just wondering if any of you guys have taken this particular drug? Im suffering from really bad anxiety at the min and need this help but i am still scared of tablets has it made of you feel weird? bad reactions? Thanks Jordan xx
Posted on 07/11/07, 06:10 am
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 07/11/07  8:53am
" Hi Jordan,
Diazepam/Valium can be very helpful for Anxiety. I have NEVER heard of, any side effects other than prolonged use may lead to addiction, but I'm talking years and years and at a much higher dose. I am precribed 2x5mg tabs daily, to be taken as required. I don't take them every day so I think the "as required" part is quite important. I think it's so the body doesn't build up an immunity and the drug loses its effectiveness. Good luck mate. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 07/11/07  1:43pm
" Hello Jordan, I am on diazepam/generic for valium 1 mg once a day. I was on xanax over 2 years ago and very addicted. I went off of xanax because of my pregnancy but I could take a little valium. I decided to stay on the valium because it made my heart rate stay lower which I felt made me less anxious. As far as meds, I think they are in the same class both used for same things. My heart rate would stay in 90's resting with valium its in 80's. Side effects can be dry mouth, drowsiness. Since yours is prescribed as needed just take whenever you feel very anxious and have that "I'm losing it feeling" It should calm you down. I used mine when I went to the beach. Hope this helped. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 07/11/07  7:42pm
" Hey there
I am on diazepam and have been uer awhile. It can be addictive. That's the only side effects I know about. I have never eperienced these side effects though. I am a person that has back and neck pain when stressed out and this medication helps relax me when faced with extreme anxiety. I hope this helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/12/07  1:08am
" Hey guys thanks alot for the replys i guess what im more worried about is this, one of my big anxiety syptoms is tite chested feeling, coughing alot to try and *clear* my throat , swollen tongue, feelings as if my air ways are gonna close up, Im just worried that if i take these tablets and they *sedate me* and i fall asleep how will i be able to cough? will i still be able to breath ok? im sure anyone with the air ways issues would feel the same way as me. Im dying to try these tablets , hell it took me a fight to get them after so long so i have what i want im just a little scared to take them now :( Jordan x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/12/07  6:48am
" Hey there Jordan,
I think you will find the Diazepam will help with the 'tight chest' feeling.
Constant small coughs and tightness in the chest are all symptoms of Aniety.
The Diazepam will NOT put you to sleep, just help you relax and you will just have to trust me. When you do go to sleep, you will be relaxed and there is NO way you will choke, stop breathing or have any other side effects from these tabs.
Best wishes,
Mike. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/24/10  1:06pm
" Hi Jordan, I started having severe anxiety attacks 2yrs ago, i thought i was dying, i couldn't breath and i thought my airways were closing up. I was petrified and ended up in hospital as i didn't eat or drink because i was scared of choking. I was prescribed Diazepam 2mg to be taken as and when required. At first i didn't care what they did to me as long as this intense fear left me. At 1st all i did was sleep because i've never taken medication before but the calmness i felt made me feel safe. I have been warned that they are addictive but i only take them if i feel i rally need to, if on a bad day i take upto 4 but can go days without taking any at all. Trust me your anxiety of not been able to breath will disappear, i have my normal life back and if it means takeing 1 to 2 tablets everyday for the rest of my life to keep it that way then so be it. Trust them but don't abuse them and you'll be back to normal in no time. Good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/24/10  1:13pm
" 2mg of valium is a low dose. It has been a really good medicine for me. I have been on it in the past regularly for a long time. I never had to raise my dose and now I am not needing it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/01/11  4:47am
" My doctor recommends me this shop:
[URL="http://licensed-pills.net/ip.php?si...]http://www.licensed-pills.net[/URL]
I buy Diazepam 2mg and Valium only there for two years! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/01/11  4:49am
" My doctor recommends me this shop:
http://www.licensed-pills.net
I buy Diazepam and Valium only there for two years! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/01/11  4:23pm
" I took it after a surgery, as it is one of the benzodiazepines that has muscle relaxant action as well. It relieves muscle spasms. 2 mg is a super low dose, and at that dose you're likely to feel little to no side effects. That's 6 mg total per day, prn(as needed) barely an effective dose for treatment of anxiety, considering .5 mg of Xanax is equal to 10 mg diazepam. .25 mg Xanax 2/day is likely to be more effective, as it is a better benzodiazepine for anxiety than diazepam with less frequent dosing and super low risk of dependence at that dose and still little to no side effects except maybe a little drowsiness. Diazepam is an 'old school' benzodiazepine. It also has higher rate of tolerance. Xanax remains effective for longer periods of use at the same dose. Xanax potential for dependence and withdrawal issues becomes more of an issue at doses of 2mg/day or more taken for longer than 8-12 weeks. That would be the equivalent of 40 mg/day of diazepam. I took 1 to 2 5 mg/day diazepam prn for muscle spasm following back surgery for four weeks. No dependence problem. Was given Xanax in '93 for anxiety caused by a bitter divorce and custody issue, .5 mg 2/day for six months. Tapered off, with only mild headaches and a little nausea, did not suffer strong rebound anxiety, as some do. Many prefer benzodiazepines over SSRIs, because SSRIs are fraught with side effects, such as sexual dysfunction, nausea, weight gain, increased agitation, suicidal thoughts or ideation(rare, but cases have been reported. and some attempts carried out), nightmares and vivid dreams and disturbing withdrawal symptoms, with the main one being 'brain shivers' or 'brain zaps', little electric shock sensations which can be unnerving. many on this site have posted that very symptom and have been quite frightened by it. Benzodiazepines are not without problems. Dependence, cognition(thinking) issues upon withdrawal that can last months if taken for a long period, withdrawal symptoms similar to opioid withdrawal if taken for a long time at doses of 2 mg or more per day. Diazepam is very safe if taken as directed and not abused or mixed with alcohol. You are very safe a 2 mg 3/day. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web