How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
How long does it take for valium to work?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
MY doctor has just started me on valium; and I take 5mg--1/2 pill twice a day. I've been on it 2 days and I'm about to jump out of my skin with anxiety. I also take Geodon-40mg. and Lexapro at 10mg. He's taking me off of Lexapro and starting me on Wellbutrin XL .
Posted on 06/28/08, 12:53 am
5 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/28/08  1:22am
" Hi there---I take Librium and it took only 2 days for me to really feel it starting to help. Valium is similar as it is a benzodiazapene.
You may need a haigher dosage....or just more time for it to get into your 'system'. When I did take Valium - I took 10mg a day and it didn't touch my anxiety, made me loopy too.
If you have IBS or a spastic colon - Librium, for me, has been a life saver.
Good luck with the WB XL - it works for a lot of people. I used to take WB SR.
Keep us posted. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/28/08  11:58am
" hey i take vallium as and when needed . I do try and stay off it as much as i can but when i take it i break a 5 mg tablet in half and take that . It normally just takes the edge off a little and helps me feel like i have more help . I dont find it takes everything away but it does help . You can take higher doses but i find i would be creating another problem by getting addicted to it . But if you have just started taking it dont worry you can take it for a while and your not on a high does anways . I was on 10 mg a day at one point and now i take about 2 mg when i need it . I hope that helps you are not alone . Stick with it and talk to people and try and stay positive .
darren "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/28/08  3:35pm
" the problem is they make you sleepy so I take half apill at 6am then get up at 8am the sleepy part is gone and you are mellow then you can go walk,run, go to work . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 07/08/08  3:03am
" LOL---it did make me loopy where the other benzos didn't---odd---but I've been on so many pills and medications for 10+ years..... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 07/08/08  3:03am
" Original poster---how are the meds working for you now??? "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web