How long does it take for valium to work?
MY doctor has just started me on valium; and I take 5mg--1/2 pill twice a day. I've been on it 2 days and I'm about to jump out of my skin with anxiety. I also take Geodon-40mg. and Lexapro at 10mg. He's taking me off of Lexapro and starting me on Wellbutrin XL .
Posted on 06/28/08, 12:53 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Anxiety. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 06/28/08  1:22am
" Hi there---I take Librium and it took only 2 days for me to really feel it starting to help. Valium is similar as it is a benzodiazapene.
You may need a haigher dosage....or just more time for it to get into your 'system'. When I did take Valium - I took 10mg a day and it didn't touch my anxiety, made me loopy too.
If you have IBS or a spastic colon - Librium, for me, has been a life saver.
Good luck with the WB XL - it works for a lot of people. I used to take WB SR.
Keep us posted. "
Reply #2 - 06/28/08  11:58am
" hey i take vallium as and when needed . I do try and stay off it as much as i can but when i take it i break a 5 mg tablet in half and take that . It normally just takes the edge off a little and helps me feel like i have more help . I dont find it takes everything away but it does help . You can take higher doses but i find i would be creating another problem by getting addicted to it . But if you have just started taking it dont worry you can take it for a while and your not on a high does anways . I was on 10 mg a day at one point and now i take about 2 mg when i need it . I hope that helps you are not alone . Stick with it and talk to people and try and stay positive .
darren "
Reply #3 - 06/28/08  3:35pm
" the problem is they make you sleepy so I take half apill at 6am then get up at 8am the sleepy part is gone and you are mellow then you can go walk,run, go to work . "
Reply #4 - 07/08/08  3:03am
" LOL---it did make me loopy where the other benzos didn't---odd---but I've been on so many pills and medications for 10+ years..... "
Reply #5 - 07/08/08  3:03am
" Original poster---how are the meds working for you now??? "