Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Residual Necks
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am just wondering how many people that have had a brain aneurysm coiled or clipped have been left with a residual neck. I had one coiled 2 1/2 years ago and mine still has a neck that has not closed up. I get very nervous about it, fear another rupture I guess, kind of feel like I still have a time bomb in my head that might go off again. I guess I am just looking for support from others that might have the same problem as I do! Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year to all! Zip
Posted on 12/28/09, 02:17 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Aneurysms. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/28/09  8:58pm
" Hi Zip
I had a residual neck of the aneurysm I had clipped 5 years ago, it did cause me anxiety, but my neurosurgeon checked it frequently and last year at my latest CT angeogran it showed that is closed up. Yes I also had the fear like you that sometimes it would start bleeding again and that is i would think a normal reaction. Have it checked and monitered and try not to have it take over your mind as we tend to think the worst after we have had these aneurysm experiences. I do have a 3mm size aneurysm that is being monitered for growth every year and I have been living a more healthy lifestyle since it was discovered and in doing that it gives me some peace of mind. Good luck and I hoped this helped
Ruthie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/05/10  2:56pm
" Thank you so much for your response Ruthie. I have never had anyone tell me that it could still close up, of course they never said it couldn't! I have never had much encouragement of any kind from my neurosurgeon, he has just never had much to say, have only seen him twice since release from hospital 2 1/2 years ago, the last time was in Nov. of 2007. They just send me slips for MRA's when they want them and that is about it. We are going to switch to another neurosurgeon in the spring. I can't thank you enough, you have given me hope that it might still close up! I have been praying! Zip "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web