How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
How long will the blood transfusion last?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have been anemic for years treated with infusions and iron shots. Months ago I knew I was anemic again (ice cravings, exhaustion). I begged the dr to let me have iron shots I felt worse daily. They said my iron wasn't low enough but I could feel myself going downhill. My heart was throwing PVCs and they sent me to a cardiologist.

The anemia was ignored becasue they found a 80% blockage of my left artery and did open heart surgery.on July 6 and received a blood transfusion. My iron level was below 8 before surgery and gave me blood transfusion (I TOLD THEM I WAS ANEMIC!).

How long will the blood transfusion last? My fertin was about 6 at the time of surgery so there is no reserve.

I'm getting weak again, palpitations and BP is 86/40. I feel like I'm anemic again but maybe its just one of those bad days recovering from bypass surgery??

Any help appreciated. I can't find anything to tell me how long transfusions last.
Posted on 08/05/07, 11:39 am
0 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Anemia. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help

Advertisement

More From Around the Web