Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Sneezing fits
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Out of interest...did anyone suffer snezzing fits when they were drinking/drunk?

My mum and I used to have a debat about them...she would say they were 'spice' related and I would say they were 'alcohol' related.

(My neighbour drinks one too many and I often here him sneezing).

Whilst here, I know one thing I dont miss and that is reaching when cleaning your teeth in the mornings. Happens occasionally to me now and I am grateful to be sober :)

Any other memory joggers would be welcome as I think it is good to think about things like this in sobriety (maybe that is just my sick mind again! haha)
Posted on 01/05/09, 09:10 am
19 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Alcoholism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/05/09  9:15am
" do you mean wretching? cuase i was wondering what you meant by reaching in the morning. Anyway, I don't remember ever sneezing really. I remember the horrible dragon breath in the morning though. I would forget to brush my teeth for a few days sometimes. Or even take a shower.ugh my hair would get dreadlocks. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/05/09  9:17am
" Lol...yeah thats the word Rainy, cheers :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/05/09  9:20am
" Yes, I had some pretty intense sneezing episodes when I was in the initial throes of de-toxing. My body was trying to rid itself of alcohol anyway it could. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/05/09  9:24am
" No,but I did end up looking somewhat like a llama! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/05/09  6:23pm
" Here is a disgusting one, I ended up a morning drinker, but I would always throw up, so I would have a coffee, throw it up in order to get the drink down. YUK and devious or what.
My dad always sneezes when he has whisky. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/05/09  6:28pm
" Haha H, I so get that. I heard a share where someone would 'eat' their own vomit so that they didnt waste the alcohol! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/05/09  6:46pm
" My nose gets stopped up when I'm drinking. I get sneezing fits anyways and will always sneeze 10 times but I couldn't breath through my nose at night for the longest time. It must have been the alcohol cause now I can! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/05/09  6:54pm
" I can't remember, but my husband does when he's had too many, pretty much 6 or 7 in a row. His Dad does too. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/05/09  7:09pm
" great post had me thinking i remember sneezing lots when heavily drinking at work with the the boss in next room and just said i had a cold funny how my cold came on in just 5 minutes i also used to go upstairs at work and start wretching and then laying on the cold floor to try and keep it down as not to waste any alcohol as i was sweating the cold floor calmed the sickness if i did throw up i'd be upset that i had wasted alcohol yikes happy to be thinking of it and not practicing in anymore :0) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/05/09  7:17pm
" hmmm another memory before i forget short term memory lol is when going for a meal i would hate to go as i could not eat and drink so i'd have my meal then go throw it up so i could just drink drink drink i knew if i ate my body slows down to start working on the food you know when you have a sunday dinner after it your body goes tired cause its working on the food well thats why i threw my meal up so i could just drink aswell as keep my belly empty for just drink hmmmm i dont miss that one bit :0) "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web