Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Is sudafed addictive?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Is sudafed addicting if you take it everyday? I can't find conclusive information on this. Is there a wanna-be-doctor in the house? Thanks.
Posted on 10/30/08, 06:32 pm
18 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Alcoholism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/30/08  6:34pm
" I don't know but you can start a meth lab with it... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/30/08  6:38pm
" Isn't part of the ingrediants in meth? I would think it may be. Even if it's not addictive one could certainly take it addictively. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/30/08  7:03pm
" I have been taking it as I have bad allergies. I stopped and have a killer headache and feel like crap! WTF? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/30/08  7:07pm
" KK you need to withdraw from this - any decongestant can be addicitve and what happens is that it stops working and you need to take more and more

My borther was addicted to Otrivine nasal degongestant for about 10 years and had terrible problems coming off

Decongestants should be used as a temp fix eg for hayfever or a bad cold - otherwise you should be on other medication

Have you had the allergy tests and do you know what your allergies are - I am quite sure a doc in this country would not prescribe sudafed! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/30/08  7:11pm
" I believe a person truly can become dependant on this. The same holds true for the over the counter nasal spray decongestants. What a hell of a suffering withdrawal that stuff poses!!! My personal experience of course! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/30/08  7:14pm
" All I can say about pseudoephedrine is that it would stop you from working for the company I work for. It would give you a positive drug screen. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/30/08  7:17pm
" I think we really need to be aware of ANYTHING that you do or take everyday! Alcoholics tend to have addictive personalities, too much of anything is not good! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/30/08  7:28pm
" FYI, Tylenol is poisonous for your liver. Don't take it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/30/08  10:47pm
" Only if the taking of sudafed is bothering you and you think you maybe addicted to it, I never heard of anyone getting addicted to it. There are also other treatments for allergies, flonase and Zyrtec work great. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/31/08  11:16am
" I just go with an antihistimine to relieve congestion. It can make you a little sleepy, but that's about it. Decongestants mess with my blood pressure. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web