Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
loss of appetite
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was wondering if a severe loss of appetite has anything to do with alcohol related problems. Lately I find it hard to eat so I try to take all my vitamins and they are so hard on my stomach that I immediately throw them up. I am so frustrated because I know I need to eat but nothing sounds good to me. Most of the time I have to force feed myself. Does anybody know what this might be a sign of?
Posted on 08/05/08, 03:32 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Alcoholism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/05/08  3:35pm
" Don't know about the loss of appetite associated with drinking but drinking brings on depression which wreaks havok on appetites!
Are you depressed?
Anxious?
Stressed?
Those are all "great"(?) appetite suppressors. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/05/08  3:45pm
" Yes, I am extremely stressed and depressed that I am having so much trouble quitting drinking. I say I'm done everyday but then I drink. I am also scared to death about what it is doing to my body when I have no food really to absorb the alcohol. I am really starting to lose control and am terrified. Help!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/05/08  3:54pm
" if you are still drinking your appetite is supressed as your body is being fuelled..But not in a good way.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/05/08  4:03pm
" I have also had a loss of appetite. The best way I have found is to have a small snack, and do it often, make the snac a little bigger next time and so on. It's sort of like you have ti get use to eating again. Let me know how you make out would you? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/05/08  4:06pm
" Thank you all, I will keep you updated on hopefully how I get through this. It really sucks. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web