Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
here i go again
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Two divorces. drinking was a huge factor in both. In a great relationship with a wonderful woman right now. I screwed it up last night with drinking again. I can't do this anymore. I'm 42 and have been a drinker since 17. Please help me.
Posted on 05/14/14, 01:30 pm
15 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Alcoholism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 05/14/14  10:19pm
" u screwed up....ok but u know u did and u have acknowledged that..so your on the right track just take baby steps if that will get u through the day without drinking, go to meetings, talk with people, do whatever u need to do to stay sober...it took me so long to get sober but now that I am at least for today I feel so much better even when I come across situations that are not always pleasant...at least I can deal with them with a clear head...hang in there u can do this "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 05/14/14  11:27pm
" I drove drunk to the ER after my wife kicked me out of the house and I asked to be checked into detox. They took my blood and said I was too drunk to be admitted so they sent me home (drunk) and told me to sober off! I swear thats the truth....well....not quite, they wanted me to sit in the waiting room for a couple of hours before getting behind the wheel. Try getting a drunk to sit still for 2-3 hours is impossible so I just got up and left.

A month later, my wife called the cops and I was told I had my choice of detox or jail. (My wife told me all this after the fact) so detox was the choice for obvious reasons and I figured it would give me a break from my wife so when told the ER wouldn't take me, the cop said he would guarantee they would take me if he went with me and he was right.

I spent 4 days in detox, then went into a 3 week IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) followed by 3 months of relapse prevention group counseling. Now I attend occasional AA meetings. I live my life by the 12 steps and have never been happier.

Thats what got me sober and I am aware that everyone must pick their own road to recovery so just sayin what worked for me.

Good Luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 05/15/14  12:02pm
" I would love to be able to help you but unfortunately we can't do it for you.

I would suggest face 2 face (f2f) meetings to get a better sense of acceptance. Not only that but you may be able to find a sponsor there.

Do you have a sponsor? If not then you really need to get one ! Especially if you are at the early stages of being sober. A sponsor will guided you through the steps, as well as, being someone of whom you can reflect on.

So do you have a sponsor? Are you able to talk to this person?

A.A. is fun if you surround yourself with the right people. Otherwise it can become just an escape from the norm and you aren't really telling those your true story.

Best wishes to you. To thine own self be true. You will find peace and have an impact upon those who are still strugglngl "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #14 - 05/15/14  12:34pm
" Finding out what makes your body addicted is huge in helping to stop drinking and to stay sober. Science is what convinced me. I found a free program online that helped me get sober and stay sober. It isn't your fault that you were born with a biochemistry that reacts strongly to alcohol. The actions that come with it you do own, we all do.

There is hope for you if you are willing to think outside the box. Go to this link and get started. I have 10 years of sobriety. This program can be done with or without AA depending on your needs and lifestyle.

You don't have to live this way anymore. Here's the link http://www.radiantrecovery.com/inde...

Laura "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #15 - 05/15/14  12:36pm
" Sorry , this is a better link http://www.radiantrecovery.com/alco... "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web