Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
4th day sober but payday is friday
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
from the age of about 17/18 i knew i was an alcoholic if id of carried on the way i was drinking i think id be dead by now, im 24. but at 20 i spent a long time incarcerated (4 years) which saved my life, i was released from prison 5 months ago and since then i've detoxed off of methadone, im about 2 months clean off the meth but its not getting any easier. im battling with the depression and anxiety that has come as a part of the package of the detox. And this has triggered me back into having like 3/4 day binged on alcohol because i find that it eases the withdrawal symptoms from the meth but makes me feel worse the next day, so its like a catch 22 situation, i dont want to go down the road i was on when i was 20 because if i do that i most probably wont make it to 30, any advice would be appreciated because i really need to combat this whilst im not alcohol dependant because as anyone will know its twice as hard then, iv not drank for 4 days and its payday friday i just dont know how im goin to sit there all day knowing that the shop is just round the corner and not drink, the first days i usually start on strong larger but by the 3/4 days i can garentee it will be vodka thats hows quick it spirrals....
Thanks u for listening and any advice will be greatly appreciated i think this is the first time iv ever spoke in this much depth about this issue.
xx
Posted on 01/21/14, 05:52 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Alcoholism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 01/22/14  4:54pm
" an aa meeting or na meeting id yet for me to go to i put thing off like there is no tommorrow.....well dun tho 69 days is like a miricle to me yano i doubt ill make it pass fri n thats me being honest, and u hav gon to a few mettings... dnt put urself down u hav dun alot already, im cravin a drink rite now sorry 4 sayin i dnt want set n e 1 offf... safe nealco x "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web