Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Really?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was curious if anyone has stopped drinking, but is now able to have an occasional drink. I have been sober since Jan 5th, and can count on ONE HAND the times that I was able to restrain and only have ONE glass of wine.

I was wondering if I'm playing with fire by drinking an occasional glass of wine. From what I was doing prior, was drinking every day in excess, to not drinking at all to having a random drink, without abusing it. Any similiar stories?
Posted on 03/13/13, 03:38 pm
21 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Alcoholism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #21 - 03/17/13  12:54pm
" Hi dneperk, I don't know if you are in AA but if you are you could get your sponsor to go through Step 1 with you, it's vital to know whether you are an alcohol abuser or an alcoholic. That will give you your answer as to whether you are safe to have the occasional drink or not. It's all there in the Big Book, about the different types of problem drinkers - it's in Chapter 2 "There is a Solution."

If you identify with the description of the "real" alcoholic it is never safe to drink alcohol in any form at all, and, as someone already mentioned, this illness is deadly and progressive in nature if you are indeed alcoholic. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web