Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
4 day's cold turkey, struggling
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
i am home alone and keep thinking about going to buy a bottle. it would be so easy. i know ill feel bad if i go through with it, ill hurt my husband who has trying to help me for several months. i also realize how bad i'll feel after the buzz, yikes why do i do this?
Posted on 11/30/12, 11:32 am
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Alcoholism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 11/30/12  9:17pm
" thanks for all the support and nice words everyone. I am happy to say I did NOT buy a bottle today!!!! yay. I did the "think through the drink" it worked for today, i noticed after a short time passed and i made myself busy the thought of drinking passed and I was glad to not be paying consequences for it. I will reach out to other empty nesters in my town. Still thinking on the AA thing. Maybe I'll look at the rationalrecovery site. thanks everyone. good night for now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 12/01/12  6:46pm
" Good for you.
AA was/ is the solution for me as its made everything else fall into place. And I do mean everything. I'm connected to a support group of women who know how I feel without me even having to fully explain. I have a sponsor who has worked the steps and been sober 28 years....and can show me how to do things sober, and with grace. I can choose to follow her lead or not. I have worked the 12 steps and that allowed me to take off my backpack of guilt, anger and fear for the most part. I live the steps on a day to day basis to the best of my ability.
I pray, I meditate..NOT things I did in the past ever.
And I'm happy. I'm free. I have choices, real ones. I'm not chained to alcoholism though I will always be an acoholic.
Today I'm grateful to know that and grateful to have a solution that keeps me recovered a day at a time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 12/04/12  12:28pm
" I was reading through your comments and know how you feel with your kids being grown. I have no children at home so after work it is the dog, the cat and me until my husband gets home. Of course by the time he gets home I have already downed 7 or 8 beers. I hopefully drank my last beer last night! I am tired of spending hundreds a month on beer and all it does is put weight on me, make me black out and makes me want it more and more. If you would like to reach out I am here. I hope you are still sober and haven't fell to the temption of the bottle. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web