Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Eye Surgery
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was just wondering if anyone was aware of any surgeries that I could get to better my eyes. I haven't really researched it but would like some input.
Posted on 08/20/08, 02:44 am
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Albinism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/28/08  8:09am
" Spanxx: As far as I know there is no eye surgury for colorblindness. I was an RN before I went out on disability five years ago. It would involve replacing the rod and cone structure in the eye, as you probably know. I bet that there is not enough reward in it for the bigwigs. They put there money into middle class and upper class diseases, such as AIDS, CANCER,NEUROLOGICAL DISEASES, AND ALZHEIMER'S Other things are just not big money makers for them plus no one is lobbying for it. It wouldn't hurt if you called your senators and congressman (yes, their secretary actually does write down your opinion !) And started a blog/ petition for others. Good luck!!! butterflyz "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/15/09  7:17pm
" i've had several eye surgeries...but i had mine when i was young. The last one i had i was 7yrs old. The surgery was done at Johns Hopkins...they did an amazing job. If you were to get any eye surgeries done i would recomend them. They are the best around. I'm totally confident that they can help you alot. If i were you i would look into them. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/13/11  5:29pm
" i was told that there was no surgey that we could get to correct our vision "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/17/11  8:07am
" You can get Lasix surgery, but it will only correct your vision to the corrected acuity you receive from wearing glasses or contacts. I have a friend who did that and he old me his vision eventually went back to what it was in the beginning. If you find out anything else, let us all know. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web