Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Left Out
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I'm sixteen and I have albinism. It's weird: Being an albino never used to bother me that much. I didn't care what people thought or said about me. I've even stopped dying my hair, just to show my 'true colors', haha.

But what's really bothering me lately, as I enter the midst of junior year in high school, is the fact that I'm left out. At fifteen, most of my friends got their permits. At the beginning of junior year, all my friends turned sixteen. They started borrowing their parents' cars, driving to school, driving to the mall, driving to parties, driving driving driving everywhere. All anyone can talk about is how AMAZING it is to have a license. They talk about the new cars they'll get, the road trips they'll take.

And me. I'm left out. My eyesight is so weak that I won't be able to drive ever. I can't chat happily about drivers ed or cars, because I know I'll never be able to experience it. I'll never taste the sheer independence and freedom of transportation. I'll be a pedestrian.

It's not so much the fact that I can't drive, it's also the fact that my friends all can. I'm such a hardworking student, I try to be nice to people, i think I'm a good person, why don't i deserve to drive?

How can I stop feeling so left out? How can I get over this problem? It's making me sadder and sadder. Each day, I see my friends getting into their cars and driving off. That'll never be me. So what should I do?
Posted on 10/30/11, 12:54 pm
0 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Albinism. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help

Advertisement

More From Around the Web