Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
12 year old won't eat lunch at school
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
is any one else having this problem my 12 year old daughter will not bring a good lunch to school, she says her friends don't bring lunch and that they sit out on a bench during lunch.
so she wont bring anything like a fruit cup "it is to messy" I know it is not a weight thing she is not over weight or anything and neither are her friends. They could all use a few more pounds honestly. I need some lunch suggestions that are kid friendly and not "messy" if you have any kid friendly ideas please let me know.
wendi
Posted on 09/23/08, 09:48 am
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Parenting 'Tweens (9-12). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/23/08  10:18am
" I can actually be positive on a post!!! :) We actually went through this recently... lol. We asked her what she would want to eat, cuz the reason she wasnt wanting to eat was 'the food is disgusting!!!' (add 11 year old attitude... lol) But when i was making her lunch all she wanted to take was a granola bar and apple. We of course told her that she wasnt going to just eat that and she was going to take a full lunch and blah blah blah. Well, when her lunch box came home, it had everything but the apple and granola bar and juice box. Stubborn thing! She told me only dorks ate sandwiches at school, and the snacks were messy. So, when we asked her what she would want for lunch, realizing she was either going to eat a little healthy or nothing. She said she wanted some dried fruit, cheesesticks. We also thought of carrots, or some trendy crackers or something. Hope this helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/23/08  11:15am
" yep...perfectly normal, my daughter does the same thing.

we send granol/ceral bars, fruit snacks, etc.

They just like to hang out with their friends instead of going to the lunchroom, so they need foods that will fill them up, but allow them to eat outside!

Agree with scionmom, sandwhiches are for "nerds" lol. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/23/08  1:17pm
" I agree with scionmom, the food here at the schools aren't that great either where I live in Willows California. Especially at the end of the fiscal year where the budget is getting made for the next here. My son and daughter usually take a sack lunch when there is something they don't like. My daughter is at the middle school so she has the snack bar she can go to or get a nice combo lunch. I think you should ask what your daughter would like to eat for lunch at school or make her favorite foods she eats at home for lunch and see if that works. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/23/08  1:17pm
" I agree with scionmom, the food here at the schools aren't that great either where I live in Willows California. Especially at the end of the fiscal year where the budget is getting made for the next here. My son and daughter usually take a sack lunch when there is something they don't like. My daughter is at the middle school so she has the snack bar she can go to or get a nice combo lunch. I think you should ask what your daughter would like to eat for lunch at school or make her favorite foods she eats at home for lunch and see if that works. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/29/08  1:19pm
" Send a pack of cashews...Good energy, neat,tidy and will stick awhile. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web