Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
My father-in-law
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Dear friends,

I just wanted to tell you all that my dear and wonderful father-in-law passed away comfortably last night, two months short of his 94th birthday. I knew him for 35 years. My children, including my son who is studying in Montreal, were there to see him only a few hours before he left us and it was a magnificent sight to watch grown adults (my youngest is 24) caressing and giving him a last kiss. Following the tenets of Jewish law, he will be interred today.

I appreciate the support that this awesome and caring group has given me and my family during this difficult time. I think that we should all appreciate life just a bit more, and hold our loved ones just a bit more tightly. Life is a present. Let's not squander a single moment.

We are all survivors. We must be. We will be.

Breathe in your family's love. It is an elixir that is simply indescribable.

Cliff
Posted on 08/04/13, 07:51 am
23 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #21 - 08/06/13  8:15pm
" Cliff,

You know you have my support and love. I look forward to celebrating his memory on your 94th birthday.

Ed "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #22 - 08/06/13  9:09pm
" Eddie,

I will have to live even longer so that I can celebrate yours! I hope you are doing well. When I see your name pop up on the site, my sympathetic nervous system gets a respite. You are now on the road to age 94 again, and I am very happy for that.

Cliff "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #23 - 08/06/13  10:17pm
" I was looking for Cliff and there was Ed. GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK -- we were worried about you. I expect you have told your story on one of the other threads -- I am going to go look for it now.

Cliff -- our prayers are still with you and your family -- dave "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web