Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Retin A users
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
How many times are you recommended to put it on a day? In three months, I will begin to use Retin A, and I'm just wondering.

Thanks,
xoxo
Posted on 11/06/11, 09:07 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Acne. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/08/11  10:48am
" My dermatologist recommends once a day at bedtime. I've been using it for 10 weeks. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/10/11  8:37pm
" Do you see any improvements? What did he prescribe it for, to treat scars or the actual acne? I really hope that after accutane, retin a gets rid of all of my scarring. It would be a miracle. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/28/11  1:44am
" Pharmacy Student: Retin-A (Tretinoin) should only be put on once daily before bedtime. Using it more than once daily has not been shown to increase its effect (so you would just waste money if you used it more often). Like Accutane, you should not use this medication if you are, or plan on becoming, pregnant. This medication CAN WORSEN your acne in the first 2-4 weeks. Don't stop using it daily though, because you should see a lot of improvement within three months. That is probably why it is the most prescribed topical medication for acne. As for your second question, it is possible that this medication could reduce the APPEARANCE of your scars. It does this by increasing your skins collagen production. However, your scar tissue will not be replaced, I am sorry. I am not a surgeon, but I think laser scar removal would be the best permanent solution to your scaring (tretinoin will only mask the scar tissue so long as you continue to use it). Some things you might also want to know about this medication... 1.) It works better when you also take either topical (first line is clindamycin) or edible anti-biotics. 2.) It can make your skin VERY sensitive to extreme weather conditions (dress for the weather). 3.) You should definitely use sun-screen SPF 15+ during the summer. It makes your skin very sensitive to the sun. I hope this helps. : ) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/18/11  10:19am
" i was kinda freak out when i see the initial result of applying this. it fils like an acid being put on my face, after waking up with my pimples bein' soaked up with this ointment that i bought (OTC) i almost cried to see my pimple worsen, it kinda flakes off and its a little painful. so i stopped treating my pimples for now, i will just let it heal for the moment. is it okay? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/20/11  9:02am
" so i see its effective though, you just have to be patient for a good result.. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/03/12  1:52am
" I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (retin-A) - http://healthcareshop247.com/item.p... Good price and quality. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/08/12  11:33am
" Do you think it would be too harsh for fair skin types.
I was using some form of a bleaching cream from a dermatologist and it was too drying. I also noticed that it gave me more broken capillaries that I did not have before. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/26/12  7:25pm
" I was using retin-a for 12 years before it stopped working for me, you only put it on before bedtime 30 minutes after u wash ur face. It made my skin very smooth and clear, i loved it!!! Just becareful not to use too much and u must give it time to work. You will probably get an initial breakout but stick with it and you will see results in about 3 to 6 months. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web