Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Learning RX? Does it help?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My local Learning RX center is saying that it can help kids with ADD. Looking for anyone who it's worked for or not worked for, and their experience. Thanks!
Posted on 12/19/11, 08:12 am
3 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for ADHD / ADD. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/20/11  12:12pm
" I work for LearningRx but also have a son with attention problems. I have seen great changes with my son and with students I have trained using their programs. After years of research, I haven't found a single program that gets results like LearningRx. Another thing to consider is your child may have issues with skills like auditory processing or visual processing that add to their attention problems. Many times when you work to strengthen underlying skills, attention improves LearningRx deals with all general learning skills, so they can find and target all weaknesses. LearningRx also has a results report online that looks at different groups of students they worked with including ADHD and their actual results. Also, something interesting, parents are very happy with the results, on a scale of 1 to 10, parents nationally rank LearningRx a 9.3 as how likely they would refer friends and family. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/21/11  8:07am
" Thank you both so much for your input. It was very helpful. I am also considering Brain Balance so your input was spot on. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/25/12  4:33pm
" We looked into this and chose to go to a PACE therapist. This is the same as learning rx but done by an individual. There is no contract and it is pay as you go, 60.00 per hr 3x per week for 12 weeks. We are on week 3 and it has some interesting concepts to learning. Our daughter has been tested and has slow processing speed and dyslexia so this is supposed to help with this. We also have tried 35 sessions of biofeedback and it didn't do much but she does sleep better. Google pace therapist for your area and see if someone is trained. So far no complaints... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web