Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
can intuniv be cut in half?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
my daughters doctor just upped her dose of intuniv to 3mg from 2, the insurance wont fill the 3 mg because it was filled to recently, and before I knew that, the drs office was closed and will be till Monday, so I am hoping someone here knows if intuniv can be cut in half. I know some can and some cant.
Posted on 10/07/11, 07:43 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for ADHD / ADD. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/07/11  8:01pm
" Brandi, I'm not 100% sure of the med you are asking about. But, I work in a mental health hospital and assist my peers at times with their meds. This is the " general rule of thumb" -- if the pill can be halved, it will have a score mark or line on one side of it. Thus making it easily halved by a pill cutter or knife pushed into the score mark. No line on either side, med looses all dosage quality if it's halved. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/08/11  8:12am
" No, I'm sorry. Intuniv is an extended release form of guanfacine. If you cut it in half then you could be receiving all of the effects of the meds at once rather than over time. I wouldn't risk it. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web